Family - Food - Home

Hunger Games Inspired Make-Up

This make-up was inspired by Girl on Fire from the movie The Hunger Games and the blog Makeup Utopia, who is hosting the Hunger Games Challenge.
Thought I'd give it a whirl.
My sweet friend Helena was kind enough to be my model.


I recently was the Melbourne Make-Up Artist for Face of Australia Cosmetics at the Dolly Magazine Model Search Roadshow, (post coming shortly). Face of Australia were kind enough to give me a kit of products to use and keep and I haven't stopped using them since (although I've been a fan and customer for many years too). I used the products in the photo above to help create this look.

  • Face Base Primer
  • Mineral Therapy Foundation in Honey Beige
  • Translucent Loose Powder
  • Mineral Therapy Illuminating Pearls to highlight the cheekbone
  • Liquid Eyeliner in black
  • Lip Quench moisturising lipstick in Forbidden Fruit (this red is the shiz)
  • Mechanical Lipliner in red

Face of Australia Illuminating Pearls 


 Face of Australia Impact Curl mascara. 
I used the ones at the Roadshow and gave them all away to the entrants, so as soon as I got back home I went out and bought this one for my kit and one for myself  (and it's my new favourite) RRP $11.95

NYX Candy Glitter Liner in #15 Red - used over the liquid liner once dried

 False lashes from Gorgeous Cosmetics - Madam Lash Lashes - mini


The yellows and oranges from this 88 matte palette. I also used Kryolan aquacolour in yellow as a base for the eyeshadow, sorry I forgot to take a pic.



Hope you like it. 
Feel free to link you Hunger Games inspired make-up posts in the comments.


5 comments

  1. You are GORGEOUS! I love your take on hunger games, very very sexy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Celeste for the lovely comment. The girl in the pics is (unfortunately) not me, but my friend Helena. I would kill for her skin.
      x Marnie

      Delete
  2. Great job Marnie! It's a very stunning look. Love how you did the eye makeup :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tine. I'd love to do more of these types of post very soon. Just need willing victims...err, I mean models.
      x Marnie

      Delete
  3. After I originally commented I appear to have
    clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox
    and now each time a comment is added I get four emails with the exact same comment.

    There has to be an easy method you are able to remove me from that service?
    Many thanks!

    Here is my webpage: airplane landing games

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Please feel free to leave one.