Make-Up & Feathers
I wanted to share some photos and show you the make-up I used from this recent shoot.
All of the make-up was from one of my favourite Aussie brands Face of Australia Cosmetics. I've talked about them many times before and I use them in my kit and on myself a lot.
Besides the quality of these products (cos I won't use crap either in my kit or on myself) I LOVE the price. It just goes to show that make-up doesn't have to cost the earth to be good. Don't quote me on this but I think there is nothing in the range over $15....or near enough. You have to love that AND you can pick them up from Priceline, Kmart, Big W etc. Oh and BTW, I didn't get paid a skerrick for this post. I just wan't to share the love....isn't that what blogging is about?
Thank you to my beautiful model Chelsea.
I'm thinking of getting a Youtube channel happening for beauty & make-up posts to embed here on the blog. I'd really like to do some makeup tutorials on myself suitable for ladies closer to my age group. If that would be something of interest to you, please let me know and I'll give it a go. I've been getting a lot of emails about the smokey eye and I have a simple how-to for this...using drug store makeup. Simple & easy....just like me....lol
|I have edited this picture to give a reddish overlay, so the colours don't look as accurate as in the other pics.|
In all of the photos of Chelsea I used :
- Face Base Primer
- Anti Ageing Stick Foundation in Tan (not that Chelsea needs an anti aging product, but because it gives a great coverage and doubles as a concealer)
- Translucent Loose Powder
- Eye primer shimmer
- Illuminating Pearls on the tops of the cheekbones
- Impact Curl Mascara
- Mechanical liner in brown (on the brows)
For this first look I also used:
- Mineral Therapy Blush in Berry Pink
- Colour Max Eyeshadow Palette in Northern Lights
- Lip Quench Lipstick in Malibu Barbie
- Liquid eyeliner in black
In this second look I also used:
- Blusher in Outback Terra
- Colour Max Eyeshadow Palette in Gold Mine (which I have now misplaced, that's why I didn't take a photo)
- Massage Therapy Lipshine in Noosa
These gorgeous feather earrings and the purple feather clip in hair extension at the top are from Feather Girlz, you can get them online (here) They hand make beautiful accessories that would make great gifts and they'll ship to Australia from their base in Canada. Check em out.