A favourite in our house. Easy & healthy too.My husband (Mr3P), who is from Greek heritage tells me that souvlaki means "on a stick"...it's his VERY loose translation. In fact he tells me that if you can poke it with a stick, then it's souvlaki (in his mind anyways). This is a family recipe that was given to me. Yes, it's simple, but aren't some of the best recipes?
Chicken breast fillets
- Cut chicken into cubes and place in a non-metalic bowl
- Add other ingredients and mix well
- Allow to marniate for as long as possible (at least 15mins) or you could freeze them at this stage
- Meanwhile, soak wooden skewers in water (this will prevent burning the skewers later)
- Thread the chicken onto the skewers. You could freeze at this stage too.
- Pan fry or bbq, turning occasionally until cooked through. In the pan, I like to use glad bake or similar (like here), this prevents the marinde from burning and clean up is easy.
1/2 cucumber, peeled and finely grated
1 BIG teaspoon of crushed garlic
finely shredded, fresh mint
- mix ingredients together
- best made earlier, so the flavours can get to know each other a little better
- yummy as a dip, served with veggie sticks.
I'd like to start a link party for healthy, wholesome recipes for the family. Would you be interested in joining in? I'll be back a bit later. to get it started.