You may remember a little while ago I blogged about dinner at David's in Prahran (post here).
While I was there, David was kind enough to share his recipe for yummy Oolong chilli egg pot.
And now, I'm sharing with you.....
I hope you get to try this out....
or get down to David's and ask him to make it for you ;)
- 3 spring onions
- 4 star anise
- 6 quail eggs
- 1 packet dry bean curd
- 2 birds eye red chilli
- 1 TBS Dark soy sauce
- 2 TBS Light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 cinnamon quills
- 3 ginger slices (3mm thick)
- 15g - 20g Oriental Teahouse Oolong tea
- Wash the eggs and gently place them in a pot of cold water
- Bring the water to the boil and lower flame to a simmer for 3 minutes
- Remove the eggs from the pot and rinse under cold water
- Remove the shells from each egg carefully
- Return all eggs into an empty pot with the bean curd.
- Fill the pot with hot water to a level that just covers the ingredients
- Add both soy sauces and season with salt
- Add the ginger, spring onions, sugar, star anise, cinnamon & tea leaves to the pot
- Bring to boil and lower flame to simmer for 2 hours, adding the chillis in the last 30 minutes
- Remove from heat, scoop and serve with a bowl of rice