Family - Food - Home

Chocolate & Coconut Bites {recipe}

You know you want it................


 I'm sure many people already know how to make this tempting little treat, but I'm here to share it with you anyway.

I'm forever trying to think up new things for the kids lunchboxes and today I had a little light bulb moment....choc & coconut balls/bites!! It's enough of a little sweet snack to keep a smile on my pickles' faces, yet not so naughty to turn them into sugar OD fiends.

Pickle number one is currently playing "Lunchbox Wars" with his buddies at school and he left this morning with a huge grin, declaring that no one will outdo his lunch box today...WIN!


 Apparently...according to pickles one & two, this is THE BEST THING I have EVER made....in the history of my cooking.....like, EVER.

I'm not sure if I should be honoured or feel insulted?

Here's how you throw this treat together......
In a food processor (I used my trusty Ninja)... pulse a packet of Arrowroot biscuits until they are completely crumbed, them dump the crumbs into a bowl.
Add about 1/2 a cup of cocoa and combine.
Add a small can of sweetened, condensed milk and combine until you have a dough like mixture.
With dampened hands, take little meatball sized pieces and roll into balls, then roll to coat in dessicated coconut.
Place in an airtight container and chill until set.
Eat at least two before they get to the fridge.


Told you it was easy!

Till next time.



2 comments

  1. Marnie there are often heated 'discussions' in my house over whether these are called Rum Balls or Truffles. You have now added a whole new name into the mix!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha...I've always known them as rum balls too, especially at Christmas time.
      x Marnie

      Delete

I love reading your comments. Please feel free to leave one.