Family - Food - Home

Chocolate Cups



Do you like my little chocolate cups? 

The look kinda fancy pants don't you think? 
If you stick around for a minute, I'm going to tell you how to make them for your next fancy pants dinner party....or any shindig that requires chocolateyness.

That would be any day ending in Y................



 I hosted a Chef's Toolbox party for a friend of mine, many moons ago and one of the things I purchased was a set of mini silicone tart cases (not sure if that's what they were actually called, so if you work for Chef's Toolbox, feel free to share in the comments). I've seen similar in most kitchenware shops...so long as they are flexible to peel away from the chocolate, then you're good to go.


Grab some chocolate melts and place into the silicone case. I then microwaved for about 40 seconds. Carefully remove from the microwave and use a teaspoon to spread the melted chocolate evenly over the base and sides. you need a nice thickness so the cups don't crack when you remove them. I'm still trying to perfect this!! You will probably make a few at first that will not work out...but practice makes perfect AND there's leftover choccie to crumble and garnish...or taste test ;)

When you've spread the chocolate evenly, then turn the case upside down onto a plate. I set mine in the fridge and it only takes about 10 minutes.

When set, VERY GENTLY peel the casing away.....and there you have it! 

Ready to be filled with whatever takes your fancy pants!!

I've filled these with whipped cream, sweetened with a little icing sugar and topped with some sweet strawberries. I was thinking a nice adults only version of whipped cream flavoured with a little Baileys and mixed with crushed Maltesers, maybe in a white chocolate case? Or a mixture of fresh berries and yoghurt?

What would you fill your choccie cups with?



sharing here today........

No comments

I love reading your comments. Please feel free to leave one.