Poached Eggs & Smoked Salmon on Rye
This is a quick, easy & tasty meal that is high in protein and healthy fats. You could lose the toast if you were wanting to reduce the carbs. It would be yummy served in a cup of lettuce instead.
This is the first time I have added a nutritional label to my recipes. I get my labels from Calorie Count and it is to be used as guide only. I cannot guarantee perfect accuracy, but I have found this site useful for my own diet and calorie counting. If you know of a better site (I'm still looking) then please leave your suggestions and links in the comments please.
1 free range egg
100g smoked salmon slices
1 slice light rye bread, toasted
1 teaspoon capers, drained
green salad to serve
- Use your favourite method to poach egg. I like to place a small amour of water into a small frying pan and add a teaspoon of white vinegar. I bring the water to the boil and then turn heat down to a simmer. I crack the egg into a cup and then gently pour into the water. Use a spoon to carefully splash hot water over the top of egg until cooked to your liking, then remove with a slotted spoon.
- Meanwhile, lightly toast the rye bread and arrange on a plate with the slices of smoked salon on top.
- Top with your poached egg and sprinkle with capers.
- Season with salt and pepper to your liking. (I love Himalayan Pink Rock salt)
- Serve with a green salad.