{recipe} Toffees

It's school fete time, so I made a couple of batches of these toffees for the cake stall.

Note to self: :do not leave wooden spoon in pot with dregs of hardening toffee.
Second note to self: :Buy new wooden spoon.

Makes

24

Ingredients

  • 2 1/3 cups white sugar
  • 1 tablespoon white vinegar
  • 100's & 1000's for decoration
  • Method

    1. Line two 12-hole, 1 1/2 tablespoon-capacity mini muffin pans with paper cases.
    2. Place sugar, vinegar and 1 cup cold water in a heavy-based saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until sugar has dissolved. Increase heat to medium-high. Boil, without stirring, for 12 to 15 minutes or until mixture turns golden. Set aside for 1 minute or until bubbles subside.
    3. Quickly pour toffee into paper cases. Top with 100s and 1000s. Stand at room temperature for 30 minutes or until set.

    Notes


Comments

  1. Toffee is my favorite! I think I'll have to try these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these look amazing! I can't believe how simple they seem to be to make either... definately something I need to try. :) Thanks for stopping by Humble Homemaking. I am your newest follower!
    Humble Homemaking
    p.s. I have a weekend party going on right now so feel free to hook up any project or recipe if you want to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so great! I'm your newest follower, I hope you'll check me out at icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm! Looks delicious! And the photos are fantastic! Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet these sold well at the fete, Very Colourful, they look yum. I love making homemade toffee. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Please feel free to leave one.

Popular Posts