Note to self: :do not leave wooden spoon in pot with dregs of hardening toffee.
Second note to self: :Buy new wooden spoon.
- 2 1/3 cups white sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 100's & 1000's for decoration
- Line two 12-hole, 1 1/2 tablespoon-capacity mini muffin pans with paper cases.
- Place sugar, vinegar and 1 cup cold water in a heavy-based saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until sugar has dissolved. Increase heat to medium-high. Boil, without stirring, for 12 to 15 minutes or until mixture turns golden. Set aside for 1 minute or until bubbles subside.
- Quickly pour toffee into paper cases. Top with 100s and 1000s. Stand at room temperature for 30 minutes or until set.
- Storage tip: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.Recipe adapted from http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/23333/mini+toffeeslinking to