Time for a little festive glamour. Red lips and smokey eyes are a favourite look at the moment, so I thought I'd share with you the steps and products that I use to create the looks below.
If you want to know a little more about me, the Make-Up Artist (click here).
Always make sure you have no moisturiser on your lids as this will prevent the make-up from adhering properly and you'll end up with that yucky creasing. I don't know about you, but I have enough creases in my life without creating new ones...lol. I like to use a wet wipe or cotton pad with a little toner on it to swipe over my lids...and then let it dry.
1. Blend a primer or eye base over the lid and blend it up towards the brow. I like MAC paint pot in Painterly.
2. On the lids, pat on a light, silvery eyeshadow. Through the crease and outer corner and using a small brush, pat on a deeper shade and blend a little to soften the edges. I like Revlon Colourstay Eyeshadow Quad in Sandstorm or Sterling Rose.
3 & 4. Pat on the lid/inner corner some loose dust in a shimmery silver or beige with a fluffy eyeshadow brush. I like Gorgeous Cosmetics shimmer dust in Suede & this eye shadow brush from Make-Up and Glow (online store)
5. Take an eyeliner pencil and smudge it along the top and bottom lashline. If you like you can apply it to the waterline too (inner lashline). I like iINK Liquid eyeliner pencil in carbon black by Gorgeous Cosmetics. In 21 years of being a make-up artist I have NEVER found anything like this...it's AMAZING!!!!
6. You can curl the lashes first and then apply 2 coats of black mascara (I use waterproof for bridal events...for obvious reasons). I like Maybelline Great Lash Mascara Waterproof in very black.
7&8. Apply strip lashes or 4-5 individual flares to the outer corner of the lashline using black lash glue (my fave). I like MAC lashes and Duo Adhesive from here or here.
9. Shape your brows by using little hair like strokes with a good brow pencil in a similar colour to you eyebrows. I like Gorgeous Cosmetics Nouveaux Brow pencil.
In case your wondering, I always do the eyes first and the rest of the face second. I find that if I get fallout or smudges (and I often do), then it's easier to clean up the skin before the foundation is applied. it just keeps everything fresher.
For the face.
1. Apply a primer all over, except for the eyes of course. I like Face of Australia primer.
2. Apply your foundation with a brush or sponge to achieve the coverage you need. I like Graftobian HD foundation pots. from Make-Up & Glow.
3. Using a small brush, apply concealer where required (if needed at all). I like Ben Nye concealers.
4. Apply loose powder with a big fluffy brush to "set" the foundation. I like Derma Colour fixing powder (waterproof) Your foundy's going nowhere one you apply this!!! Trust.
5. Now apply a little blush on the apples of the cheeks and some bronzer in the hollow of the cheekbone, blending up toward the temple. Less is more and it's much easier to add that to remove! I like Nars duo blush in Orgasm/laguna.
For the lips
Line your lips with a red lip pencil and apply a shimmery lips gloss in clear or a favourite red tone.
I like NYX lip pencils, Rimmel lipgloss (from Kmart or Priceline) in Forever Yours and Dior Addict lipgloss (which I used on the bridesmaids and I don't think you can get the exact same colour anymore...boo), but the Rimmel one was a close match.
Edit: I've just found the name and number of the Dior gloss it's called
Christian Dior Addict Ultra Gloss #851 A Relish of Berries.
|Hair by the fabulous ladies at Hair Meleo. |
Go "like" them on Facebook and tell them I said "Hi"
Finally, set your make-up with a mist of MAC Fix+ and you're good to go.
What make-up do you recommend for this festive season? I'd love for you to share in the comments.
see you on the red carpet!