Logies Hair & A Give-Away!!
The 2012 TV Week Logies aired recently. I don't always sit through the whole thing, but I never miss the red carpet arrivals. I love seeing what the celebrities are wearing and of course what's happening in the hair and make-up department.
I'm sharing my favourite hairstyles this year and a guide on how to recreate these looks at home for your red carpet event. They're all fairly simple styles that create big red carpet impact. The sleek "up-do" that Asher Keddie wears so well would be a great one to try for an outdoor event that could be a little windy...like the races or maybe a beach wedding.
I also have a giveaway thanks to Schwarzkopf, so keep on reading to see how you can win.
Trend: Loose Long Curls
Delta Goodrem and Carrie Bickmore nailed the number one red carpet trend with their long locks and soft curls
To get the look:
- Great hair starts with a great hair regime. Treat it with Schwarzkopf Marrakesh Oil and Coconut Express Mousse treatment.
- While your hair is still wet use your fingers to distribute one pump (about the size of a golf ball) of Schwarzkopf Curl Flex Mousse through your hair for long lasting curls.
- Blow dry your hair, starting at the roots to create volume. Tip: Blow dry your hair upside down for ease and when almost dry use a large, round brush to smooth out the ends.
- Separate your hair into three sections, securing with a clip and begin curling one inch segments with a wide barrel curling iron. (ceramic irons are the best)
- Alternate the direction of the curl as you work your way through each section for a more natural look.
Trend: Tousled Ponytail
This soft, feminine look has continued as a major trend in 2012. I love how Jennifer Hawkins wears hers. This one is super easy.
To get the look:
- To minimise damage for heat-aided styling, treat hair with Schwarzkopf Hydro Collagen Express Repair Leave In Treatment after washing.
- Blow dry your hair, starting at the roots.
- Create waves by wrapping 2 inch sections around a wide barrelled curling iron.
- Finger comb waves to create a loose, messy look.
- Pull your hair back into a low ponytail, gently teasing out tendrils around the side of the face and finish with a spritz of Schwarzkopf Ultimate Styling Hairspray to ensure the style maintains it's hold.
Trend: The Sleek 'Up-Do'
Asher Keddie was an all round winner on the night, bringing a classic, elegant look to the red carpet with her version of the sleek 'up- do'.
To get the look:
- For extra sheen apply Schwarzkopf Liquid Silk Repair and Gloss treatment to just washed hair.
- Create a low side parting using a narrow tooth comb.
- Pull your hair to one side at the nape of your neck as though you were creating a low side ponytail, ensure your hair is gathered smoothly with no "lumps or bumps" at the roots.
- Wrap and twist your hair around itself into a bun-shaped knot and tuck in the ends using grips to pin it in place.
- To achieve maximum hold, finish with a light spray of Schwarzkopf Extra Care Super Styling Lacquer Extreme Hold.
I'm giving away 2 packs of hairstyling products (from their Professional Range) thanks to the lovely people at Schwarzkopf.
Each prized is valued at RRP $74.20
To win, all you have to do is:
Please note: The prize is open to Australian residents only (sorry). I will have a giveaway very soon for my international readers.
- Follow this blog on Blog Lovin or Google Friend Connect (check it out in the right sidebar)
- Leave a comment on this blog telling me which one of these looks you would you choose for your next event and why.
- You can follow me on Twitter (click here) or Facebook (click here) and leave your comments there. Don't forget to share with your friends and followers.
All of the above. Enter as many times as you like.
I'll choose 2 winners on Thursday afternoon (Melbourne time) and announce the winners here on the blog, Facebook and Twitter.
See you on the red carpet.