Found: something that works to relieve my child's eczema
If your child suffers from eczema and you tried everything with no results, then keep reading as this may be helpful.....
A little while ago, I was sent some products to try from Aveeno. They're from the Aveeno baby range and are especially designed for baby's sensitive skin.
Now my little pickle #2 is far from a baby (even though he'll always be my baby), but he does have very sensitive skin and suffers from atopic dermatitis...also commonly known as eczema. His eczema isn't severe, probably because we have been diligent in trying to prevent flare ups, but occasionally it will happen anyway. Pickle #1 used to suffer from it too, but thankfully has grown out of it.
One of the main causes of flare ups that I have found is from the skin becoming too dry..
- from too hot a bath/shower
- overheating in bed
- synthetic clothing
- being in contact with irritating chemicals, like chlorine
- even plain old bath water can be an irritant
So, anyway... I thought I'd try these products with him, but was skeptical....everything else I had tried hadn't done much to help him. I thought, if they were gentle enough for a little baby's skin, then they might just be suitable for my pickle. I've been using them on him for nearly a month....
...... and I am over the moon!
He hasn't had a reaction or flare up at all since I started using these products on him. They work so well for him that I'll be continuing to use them.
|My little pickle #2...ain't he cute?|
Colloidal oatmeal forms a protective barrier on the skin to help sooth very dry, aggravated skin conditions and protects against external skin irritants. Natural colloidal oatmeal lotions have been clinically proven to moisturise and sooth skin as well as gently cleanse and help maintain skin's natural moisture, to prevent further moisture loss.
The Aveeno brand has been recommended by US dermatologists and paediatricians for more than 60 years....why a I only finding this out now!!!
Here's what I've been using on him:
- Baby Soothing Relief Moisture Cream: Clinically proven to moisturise for 24 hours. The non-greasy formula absorbs quickly and is hypoallergenic and fragrance free. I like to use this on him after a bath at night and for spot areas where flare up occur. 140g RRP:$10.99
- Baby Soothing Relief Creamy Wash: fragrance free, hypoallergenic and tear free. I use this in the bath as an alternative to soap. 236ml RRP:$10.99
- Baby Daily Moisturising Lotion: This is non greasy too, absorbs quickly with no drying alcohol. Hypoallergenic and fragrance free. I use this to prevent flare ups and protect the skin everyday. 227g RRP: $10.99
- Baby Wash & Shampoo: To wash his hair of course! I'll put this in the bath too, when I'm not using the Creamy Wash. Tear free and lathers nicely. Smells lightly fragrant...Pickle#2 thinks it smells like mandarins. 236ml RRP:$10.99
I've seen this range in supermarkets and pharmacies.
Disclaimer: This product was provided for editorial consideration. 3pickles has no affiliation with any companies mentioned and has received no remuneration for posting this review. All opinions are those of the author. This information should not replace medical advice.