Family - Food - Home

Macro Filters

I don't know if you've noticed but I LOVE taking shots using macro or macro settings. The world is so different in close up, don't you think?
A full on macro lens can come with a big price tag that my non-professional budget just doesn't allow {yet}. So after doing a little homework, I discovered macro filters. They're kinda like a magnifying glass that can screw onto your lens. After shopping around, I found a great deal on Ebay for only $20plus $10 postage for 4 lenses. The stores were quoting me from $90 upwards and that was for only 2 or 3 lenses. Oh, and they came in a cute carry bag AND I got them the next day. Woot, woot ! ...gotta be lovin' that!.
I got them from this seller and I'm really happy, but you can get them all over ebay, markets probably too.. I got the Olympus ones, but they sell other types too.
Anyway, I thought I'd post a couple of shots I took as soon as I opened the pack. I really need to learn about lighting and these f stop thingys.

Please let me know what you think of my virgin shots with these filters.

This is a lavender flower that has gone to seed.



These little "daisy like" weeds are teeny tiny and grown all over the lawn.

Good Life Wednesdays
Photobucket





5 comments

  1. I definately am getting some of these Marnie :) Great shots !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know they made special macro lenses. Those shots are great. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shots! They do not look like virgin ones to me :) Glad you added your link to BC Good Life Wednesdays and shared these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos Marnie...I may look into these filters for my new camera. Robx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Please feel free to leave one.