Family - Food - Home

The best salad in the world....ever.


Yes, it's a big claim, but this truly is
THE BEST SALAD IN THE WORLD.....EVER!

just ask me.......


I have been addicted to this salad since I was pregnant with pickle #2 and he just turned 7.



 Trust me, once you try this, you'll be addicted too.


I'm not claiming this to be my recipe, as it's a very basic salad that many people would have already made, but, it IS my favourite of all time.



It couldn't be simpler to make.



Here's how:

Lightly toast some pine nuts in a dry frying pan (be careful as they can burn very quickly)
Wash and spin dry as much baby rocket as you can want for your salad.
Dress salad with splashes of extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar (go easy on the vinegar)
Throw in your pine nuts & shaved parmesan.
Give it a toss and serve.



See, told you it was easy.

Would love to know if you make this, what you think.

Oh, and BTW, I've finally gotten an iPhone and joined the instagram community. I'm still working it all out, but if you'd like to follow me (promise to follow you back, of course) my little follow button is in the sidebar.

See you soon with some more yumminess.



9 comments

  1. Absolutely yum!! My husband does something very similar but he uses sliced strawberries instead of pine nuts in his rocket and parmesan salad. Sounds a little strange but the strawberry flavour's really enhanced by the balsamic vinaigrette dressing. Again, so simple and so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. strawberries sound interesting..I'll have to try that next time
      x Marnie

      Delete
  2. Yes, one of my favorites too. So simple, so delicious x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could probably live on this, if there was chocolate in it, life could be perfect.
      x Marnie

      Delete
  3. My kind of salad Marnie. I've done one today you might like. I'll post about it tomorrow.

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, please Anne...heading over there now.
    x Marnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will have to make this, looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the admin of this web site is actually working hard in favor of
    his web site, for the reason that here every material is quality based information.
    Also see my web site - MacBook Pro for sale

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Please feel free to leave one.